Thursday, June 13, 2013

You need to cook faster? Really?

We have grown into an impatient society.  We need everything NOW!  This fact is never more evident than at my workplace.Our company provided microwaves get a total workout everyday at Breakfast and more so at Lunch.  We all wait our turn to use the modern day miracle and some would say the best invention of all time.

Lately, I have run into a situation that gets my rant on.  I put my meal in and punch in the time.  Well... I TRY to punch in the time.  Nothing is registering on the readout.  Great someone broke it.  Now what will I do.  As I pull my food from the now quiet microwave, I notice a tiny light is blinking.  I hit cancel and everything is back to ready.

REALLY?  You nuked your lunch and couldn't wait the extra 4 seconds for your meal to complete?  You opened the door, grabbed your gourmet four cheese frozen lasagna and made a mad dash for your cube, while leaving the microwave in limbo?  REALLY?  4 seconds left!

If this doesn't scream impatient...

No comments: